TaylorMade's Inverted Cone Technology was developed to expand the COR zone of TaylorMade drivers.The Inverted Cone is CNC-milled directly into the back side of the clubface resulting in a drastic variation in face thickness.Originally developed for TaylorMade drivers, Inverted Cone Technology has been successfully incorporated into TaylorMade® irons such as the r7®, r7 TP and Burner®.
- Classic player's shape and compact size that incorporates multiple performance technologies.
- High MOI and Inverted Cone clubface technology in every iron for superior distance control.
- Velocity-Control Chamber (VCC) in 2- through 5-irons for increased consistency, ball speed and power.
- Vibration-controlling cavity badge for satisfying feel and sound.
- Tour-beveled sole reduces resistance to react "thinner" with turf.
- Grooves conform to new USGA and R&A rules.
KBS Tour Series steel shafts engineered to promote increased stability and energy transfer.
Designed for the mid to low handicap golfer who enjoys extra forgiveness in their iron set Taylormade officially announced the new R9 Iron set in Japan and on it's website today. The set itself which is almost made of 2 different designs gives the golfer a long iron advantage with a hollow undercut and a high rebound face while the 6 thru gap wedge become more compact and solid without as much of the undercut forgiveness.